Who has been waiting for the great adventure to begin? We are ready to see Moana and especially her adorable pet pig Pua come to animated life this week.
If you haven’t heard about Moana, here is a brief introduction: An adventurous teenager sails out on a daring mission to save her people. During her journey, Moana meets the once-mighty demigod Maui, who guides her in her quest to become a master way-finder. Together they sail across the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous monsters and impossible odds. Along the way, Moana fulfills the ancient quest of her ancestors and discovers the one thing she always sought: her own identity.
Disney is well known for assembling characters who really exemplify the roles in the animated features. Moana is no exception. Its incredible cast of animated characters is voiced by some amazing talent which really help bring the story of adventure to life.
- Auli’i Cravalho as Moana Waialiki, the high-spirited sixteen-year-old daughter of a chief in a long line of navigators, who sets sail to an island with an almighty demigod to help save her family from annihilation. As her name means “ocean,” she has an uncanny connection with it and all its creatures.
- Dwayne Johnson as Maui, the legendary demigod who sets off with Moana on her journey.
- Temuera Morrison as Chief Tui Waialiki, Moana’s overprotective father and chief of Motunui Island.
- Nicole Scherzinger as Sina Waialiki, Moana’s mother.
- Rachel House as Gramma Tala, Moana’s Grandmother. Like Moana, Tala shares a passion for the ocean.
- Jemaine Clement as Tamatoa, a villainous 50-foot crab from Lalotai, the realm of monsters.
- Alan Tudyk as Hei Hei, Maui and Moana’s pet rooster, and described by director Ron Clements as “the dumbest character in the history of Disney animation.”Tudyk will also voice two other characters.
- TBA as Te Kā the Lava Witch, a character inspired by Pele, the Goddess of Fire and volcanoes in Hawaiian mythology
- Phillipa Soo as a villager of Motunui Island.
The Disney films are known for creating music that is catchy, sentimental and true to the spirit of the movie. The soundtrack follows that same spirit and really has pulled out all the stops with original songs including in Lin-Manuel Miranda from Broadway’s smash hit “Hamilton.”
1) Tulou Tagaloa – Olivia Foa’i
2) An Innocent Warrior – Vai Mahina, Sulata Foai-Amiatu & Matthew Ineleo
3) Where You Are – Christopher Jackson, Rachel House, Nicole Scherzinger, Auli’i Cravalho & Louise Bush
4) How Far I’ll Go – Cravalho
5) We Know the Way – Opetaia Foa’i & Lin-Manuel Miranda
6) How Far I’ll Go (Reprise) – Cravalho
7) You’re Welcome – Dwayne Johnson
8) Shiny – Jemaine Clement
9) Logo Te Pate – O. Foa’i, Op. Foa’i & Talaga Steve Sale
10) I Am Moana (Song of the Ancestors) – House & Cravalho
11) Know Who You Are – Cravalho, Mahina, O. Foa’i, Op. Foa’i & Ineleo
12) We Know the Way (Finale) – Miranda & Op. Foa’i
13) How Far I’ll Go – Alessia Cara
14) You’re Welcome – Jordan Fisher
The Pillow Pet Pua brings to life all of the adorable features of this animated side kick. This super soft stuffed animal by day, pillow by night is exactly the friend you need to bring on your next adventure. Get yours today on Amazon.