February is #nationalsnackmonth after an informal office poll, we are split on sweet or savory snacks. Most of love something sweet, but a few insisted that a salty snack like popcorn was the perfect treat. Of course this “holiday” was created by the snack-devils from the National Snack Association and the National Potato Association to sell more snacks. But since snacks are here today, eaten tomorrow, we at Pillow Pets have created a way for you to have your snacks and snuggle too. By combining your favorite Pillow Pets with some of your favorite sweet and savory snacks, you can have a Pillow Pet to sniff and cuddle. I know, what will we think of next?!
According to USA Today, in the last 30-days people in the US snacked on the following foods. Over 62% say that they snack to satisfy a craving.
- 63% Potato chips
- 59% Chocolate
- 58% Cheese
- 56% Cookies
- 55% Fruit
- 48% Bread
- 48% Crackers
Fun Snack Facts:
- York County Pennsylvania is named the Snack Food Capital of the World and celebrates this title on a regular basis. York County is home to many of snack food factories including Martin’s Chips, Snyders of Hanover and Ultz Snacks. The area is also near Herr’s Snack Food Factory. York County offers a “Sweet Treats and Salty Eats” trail to the public annually. This trail includes a tour of the many snack food factories in the area.
- During the month of February, sales representatives and retailers compete to win a cash prize for the best snack food display. The competition is open to members of the Snack Food Association. We always wondered why those displays looked amazing – I guess it is the combination of a prize reward and Super Bowl that makes these displays so enticing.
- Illinois designated popcorn as the national state food in 2003. There are over 300 farms in Illinois that grow corn.
- Some snack companies employee hundreds of scientists to make sure that the snack has just the right amount of crunch and flavoring per bite to keep you coming back for more.
- The average American eats more than 70 quarts of popcorn per year.
- Vending machines were developed in the United Kingdom in the 1880s and were used to sell gum at train stations in New York. By 1926, there was one vending machine for every 100 people in America.
- Around 11.2 million pounds of potato chips are eaten on Super Bowl Sunday.
Sweet Scented Pets are available in these snack-a-licious flavors:
- Gummi Pup – gummi bears
- Cotton Candy Unicorn- cotton candy
- Cookie Pup – homemade chocolate chip cookies
- PupCake – vanilla frosted cupcakes
- Popcorn Panda – fresh popped, buttery popcorn
- Blueberry Muffin Bear – just baked blueberry muffin
- Ice Pop Penguin – delicious orange flavored ice pop
- Watermelon Ladybug – sweet, fresh picked watermelon
So, where can you find these delicious Sweet Scented Pets? How about on our website at www.PillowPets.com Receive free shipping on orders of $30.00+ by using the code HEART. Hurry, this expires February 15th.
You can also send some love to our charity partner, Family Reach. Family Reach provides a financial lifeline to families facing a cancer diagnosis. Add a donation or round-up at checkout and we will match your donation. Pillow Pets has been a long-time charity partner with Family Reach providing in-kind and monetary donations. We hope you’ll help!