It’s Valentine’s Day at Pillow Pets and we have more to love this year. Sweet Scented Pillow Pets deliver the smell of yummy sweet treats in a plush you can hug. Subtle scent patches in delicious flavors are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for the ones you love. Strawberry Milkshake Cow and Bubble Gum Piggy are the sweetest treat this holiday; matching themed appliqués and a subtle, long lasting scent patch make the celebration last all year. Perfect for playtime, sleep time, or anytime, Sweet Scented Pillow Pets are surface washable. The scents, created in the United States from sustainably harvested trees or cotton, are certified by the International Fragrance Association.
Valentine’s Day is steeped in history, originally named after a saint. History shows it has been celebrated since the Middle Ages. The written exchange of messages of love can be traced back to the 1400’s. The oldest known valentine still in existence today was a poem written in 1415 by Charles, Duke of Orleans, to his wife while he was imprisoned in the Tower of London following his capture at the Battle of Agincourt. In addition to the United States, Valentine’s Day is celebrated in Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France and Australia.
Somewhere near the 1700s American began the tradition of mailing and distributing Valentine’s Day cards. The first mass produced Valentine’s came around 1840 and were very fancy, elaborate creations by Esther A. Howland. According to the Greeting Card Association there are roughly 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards sent each year.
While it is traditional to send chocolates and roses, neither last. But, Sweet Scented Pillow Pets are the way to send a sweet message in a cuddly stuffed animal with a long lasting scent patch. The subtle scent of strawberry milkshake from Strawberry Milkshake Cow or the delicious yummy scent of bubble gum from Bubble Gum Piggy will delight children, tweens, teenagers, college children and beyond.
Pair with a home-made card and you are on your way to a fun and festive holiday.
- Print out a picture, have the kids draw hearts and notes, add a lollipop or Hershey’s Kiss
- Stack cupcake papers (around 4-6) add a lollipop through the middle, tie with a twist tie and you have a flower.
- Trace your child’s hand and have them draw hearts and add loving messages. Have writer’s block, you can always look up quotes on love, friendship and family to add.
- Cutout construction paper hearts, decorate, tape onto a straw and place in a mason jar or other vase. Use your own messages of love or add some from famous poets.
- Make a bookmark using pink paint swatches from the hardware store. Add hearts and love messages. Punch a hole in the top and add a ribbon.
- Decorate a paper bag with hearts and love messages, add some candy or homemade treats, tie with a pink or red ribbon.
Whether you purchase a Sweet Scented Pillow Pet or Pillow Pet for Valentine’s Day, you will be sending the message of love, warmth, comfort and snuggles. Don’t forget to use the code: HEART at checkout and receive free shipping off orders of $30.00+ at PillowPets.com
Make sure and round-up at checkout or add a donation to Family Reach and we will match it. Family Reach provides a financial lifeline to families facing a cancer diagnosis.